MII WENJI NABAGAANOWED AMIK
Gaa-aanjibii’ang Bines dagoshin
retranscribed into double vowel by Zac Earley
Chi mewinzha gii- oshki akiiwang awe amik gii-biiswe’aanoweniban.
A very long time ago when the earth was new the beaver had a big fluffy tail.
Moozhag iko gii-pabaa mamiikwaazo ezhinaagwadinig ozow biiswe’aanowenig.
Chi onizhishin nizow inendam.
He was always going around bragging how his tail was so fluffy and how he thought his tail was so beautiful.
Aabiding dash gii-pabaamosed jiigibiig gaa-izhi nagishkawaad bineshiyan agoozinid mitigong.
Then one time he was walking around by the water and he met a bird perched in a tree.
Mii dash gii-inaad; “ Aanish enendaman ezhinaagwak nizow”?
Then he asked the bird: “ Well how do you think my tail looks?”
“Chi-onizhishin,odigoon. Mii iw imaa gii-ikidod awe amik; “ Gaawiin dash wiin onizhishinzinoon gizow apiich niin baaswe’aanoweniyaan.”
It's beautiful he was told then the beaver said: “ But yours is not as beautiful as mine as mine is beautiful and fluffy.”
6) Mii dash gii-nakwetang a’aw bineshi. “Aaniish gaa-onji gichi-inendaman gizow?” Miish gaa-izhi nishkimigod ini bineshiyan aw amik gii-animigidaazo.
Then the bird replied; “ Well why do you think so highly of your tail?” Then the beaver was angered by what the bird said and he went away mad.
7) Mii dash gomaa pi gii-pagamishkaad iwidi ziibiinsing noonde minikwed gaa-izhi nagishkawaad wazhashkwan bi mookiinid.
Then later on he arrived at a small stream as he was thirsty, then he met a muskrat.
8) “Boozhoo niijii” ogii-inaan “ Aaniish giin enendaman ezhinaagwak nizow?” “Aaniish naa gichi-onizhishin “ ikidowan. “ Mashkawaamagad ina iw gizow?” ogii-kagwejimigoon aw amik.
“Hello my friend” he said to him.” Well what do you think of my tail?” “ Well its beautiful the muskrat says. “ Is your tail strong?” the Muskrat asked.
9) “Geget mashkawaamagad gaye nizo gaa-onizhishing.” izhi nakwetam amik.
“Gi misawendaan ina nizow” odinaan. “Gaawiin ni misawendanziin” ikidowan wazhashkwan. “Mii eta go gagwedweyaan” ikidowan.
“Yep sure is strong and its the most beautiful!” says the beaver. “ Would you like to have my tail?” “ No I dont want it “ says the muskrat. “ I was just asking.”
10) Miish chi gezika awe amik gii animigidaazod miinawaa ani giiwe. Mii iw gii kiiwed endanakiid iwidi zaaga’igaansing endazhiikang odookonim. Gii gichi onzaamigidaazo amik.
Then all of a sudden the beaver leaves angrily and goes home where he lives in the little lake where he works on his dam. He was really mad.
11) Epiichi-gidaazod gaa-izhi pabaa gawamaad mitigoon miziwe.
Mii dash iw apii gii-kawamaad iniw chi-mitigoon gaa-izhi gawaakosenid giiwaaj mii imaa gii-sagaanoweshkoozo amik anaamaatigong. Mii iw gaa-onji-nabagaanowenid amik.
As mad as he was he went around and chewed down trees everywhere then when he was chewing down this one giant tree it fell in a awry way then the beavers tail was pinned down beneath the tree. That is how the beaver got a flat tail.