top of page
- Feb 20, 2023, 4:00 PM – Feb 23, 2023, 9:00 PMBemidji, 303 Railroad St SW, Bemidji, MN 56601, USACome learn how to make a Snow Snake like the ones pictured. We are also having a Snow Snake Tournament on Saturday, Feb 25th. Due to previous no-shows, we will be charging a 20.00 registration fee. All supplies are included.
- Oct 04, 2022, 4:00 PM – Oct 06, 2022, 7:00 PMWatermark Art Center in Bemidji, 505 Bemidji Ave N, Bemidji, MN 56601, USALearn the art of painting brain-tanned hides with earth pigments and fish eggs using antler tools. Manidoo Ogitgaan and The Great Lakes Lifeways institute will be teaching how to make painted tobacco pouches on brain-tanned hide.
- Sep 17, 2022, 10:00 AM – Sep 25, 2022, 5:00 PMBemidji, 505 Bemidji Ave N, Bemidji, MN 56601, USAThis workshop will focus on making creative ribbon skirts with lace and other decorative designs. If you are working on a jingle dress, you may bring it to continue working on it, but we aren't providing supplies for new jingle dresses at this particular workshop, just skirt supplies.
- Jul 21, 2021, 5:30 PM – Jul 24, 2021, 4:00 PMWatermark Art Center, 505 Bemidji Ave N, Bemidji, MN 56601, USALearn how to make a Jingle Dress with hand rolled jingles with Obaashing Elder Andrea Rosebear. There is room for 5 beginners. Do NOT claim a ticket unless you can commit to all 4 days of class! Spots are limited & we only have 5 available slots. Begins 6-21 to 6-23 @5:30-8:00pm, and 9:00am-4:00 Sat
- Aug 14, 2019, 5:00 PMPonemah Boys and Girls Club, Ponemah, MN 56666, USAJoin us for an evening featuring Indigenous food by local Native Chef Vince Johnson. We will also host Elder Bwaananaabekwe (Mary Moose), and Mishiikenh (Abe Sutherland), who will be sharing traditional Ojibwe Star Teachings during our feast. Bring your hand drum for drum and dance!
bottom of page